Comments: Bank turns up the heat

Richard Lambert is now CBI biased which will put him at odds with knocking up the base rate. As far as I'm aware the CBI asking for a rate increase would be like an alcoholic asking for a price increase on their cider.

As a matter of interest, have the CBI ever pushed for an interest rate hike? Do you know David? Bit of a unusual question, but I was just wondering.

Posted by werewolves at August 9, 2006 02:01 PM

There is a new way of thinking in the process of research, and development when it comes to banks, and taxes. It is called

TRANSFINANCIAL ECONOMICS.

The link which has been gives leads to an article on this subject. However, it has to be changed, and better edited. But, the basic concepts remains the same. Furthermore, in the new projected article on TFE there would be emphasis on

a) Decentralisations from central government.

b) A greater understanding of electronic controls over inflation with reference to the point that anonymous cash transactions would be possible.

I hope the webhost will comment, and anybody else.

I know this is a bit off topic but the above is very important indeed, and we should be concentrating our energies on this rather than just discussing the present corrupt, and backward system of economics.

R. Searle

Posted by Robert Searle at August 11, 2006 09:03 AM

I can think of examples where the CBI has welcomed - perhaps accepted would be a better word - rate hikes, though I can't recall any examples of it calling for them. Interestingly, the CBI's response to this one was less critical than other business organisations, which may be the Lambert effect.

Mr Searle - I can't see a link and, at present, you've left us all bemused.

Posted by David Smith at August 11, 2006 10:19 AM

If one enters 'Transfinancial Economics' into a search engine, one is taken to an article on 'Non-taxation Monetary Reform'.

Posted by Walter Zuk at August 11, 2006 08:39 PM

In regards to Transfiscal economics, here is an essay by Robert Searle:

Certainly lots of far reaching ideas here, though far fetched might be a better word.

I must say that I'm not particularly convinced by any of it. It's a bit New World Order like. But then again, I could be wrong.

There is a Robert Searle biography here:

He doesn't appear to have any formal economics qualifications. At one point he intended to study archeology at the University of London but decided not to.

Interesting to note that he is a member of the Society for Psychical Research.

I wonder if can read my mind? I hope not...

Posted by Werewolves at August 13, 2006 02:12 AM

Dear All,

The ideas of Transfinancial Economics are indeed far reaching but they are not far fetched as we have the technology to avoid hyperinflation. The article on the kheper website is to be changed, and better edited.

Like Marx, Keynes, Kelso, and possibly others I am proud to say that I do not have a degree in economics, or indeed, in anything else. I am a firm believer in self-education, and the need for original thinking which challenges the prevailing orthodoxy. I prefer it that way...but I will have to deal with certain enlightened economists who are willing to endorse the immense importance of TFE.

R.Searle